Code of Conduct
Professional Standards and Responsibilities
All members are expected to exhibit high standards of professionalism; act consistently to enhance the reputation of AiSP and the information security profession; act within the law, and in the best interest of their employers; and take appropriate actions to avoid or resolve potential conflicts of interests.
In addition, AVIP, Ordinary and Associate Members shall:
- Maintain currency and competency on all matters relevant to the discharge of their duties;
- Maintain relevant AiSP recognised certifications;
- Act only within their level of competence;
- Deliver services in accordance with the relevant professional standards;
- Support the professional development of other members of the profession
- Take reasonable action/s to prevent unlawful activities;
- Take reasonable action/s to prevent harm to their employers, personnel, property, the general public interest, and where relevant the national interest of the jurisdiction in which they perform their duties;
- Report to the appropriate authorities any action/s or event/s considered to be a violation of relevant law/s, legal, or regulatory requirement/s;
- Disclose to their employers all matters that may significantly affect or impact the organisation’s information security;
- Respect the confidentiality of information acquired during the course of their duties and not disclose information without specific authority;
- Adhere to standards of professional care.